Deborah Kate

Deborah Kate

Saturday, 2 June 2012

Women writing

Most bloggers are female. Blogs have been great for females. Of course blogs can be about all sorts, but it's the ones where the blogger expresses their feelings as they chronicle their life, diary-fashion, that appeal to something female, even if its just because women's honest self-expression is generally more suppressed than men's. Or is it because women value and are in touch with feelings more? Mostly.

I think this is great. A space where we can be honest, and where our honest selves can be heard and connected to all around the world, far beyond the people who see us struggling with our immediate social circumstances.

2 comments:

  1. > Most bloggers are female.

    Really?! Are there stats on that anywhere? (I like stats :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya J! xx

    Well, there's this:

    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/nielsen-women-make-up-the-majority-of-bloggers/71193

    I've heard it elsewhere, but alas cannot remember where.

    ReplyDelete