Deborah Kate

Deborah Kate

Saturday, 21 July 2012

Femininity, creativity, sunshine


The sun is shining. There is no breeze, few clouds in the sky.

I want to walk barefoot on the grass.

I want to be Deborah out in the sunshine, not stuck inside a computer.

I want my femininity to feel as natural as the sunshine.

Much threatens to crowd out the sunshine. If I read the news, turn on the televsion, the negativity of life as we are living it collectively will encroach.

I shall take my book The New Diary by Tristine Rainer with me. Introspective writing can feel like something more than protection; like an extra level that raises reality above the grotty quotidian. Perhaps like meditation. Anais Nin: 'The personal life lived deeply always expands into truths beyond itself.'


3 comments:

  1. 'The personal life lived deeply always expands into truths beyond itself.'

    What kills me about this is how true it feels, how much I seem to burst with an essential light of being when I contemplate my own feminine nature... but being somehow compelled to share it, and there being no one in my life who wants any part of it, I'm unable to release that light in a satisfactory way.

    Personal truths must be personal. But oh, how I yearn for the arrival of interlopers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very well put - as I would expect from a mistress of the written word of your lucidity. Lovely to see you here, Holli.

    What about online, though? I'll interlope with you any day, honey. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Online is as good as it gets for me EVERY day. I'd be happy to 'lope with you, too! =D

      Delete