Headmaster: I've called you into my study today because I have some special news for you about your child, which I wanted to tell you in person. I know it is going to make you feel very excited and proud.
Mr and Mrs: Yes?
H: We've been observing your child's attitudes and behaviour for a while. Well, we haven't come to this conclusion lightly, I can tell you, but, hard as it might be to believe, we are now of the confirmed opinion that your child is trans.
Mrs: No!
Mr: Really? Can it be true?
H: Yes, we're certain.
Mrs: Oh my, oh my !
Mr: I can't believe it!
Mrs: Aw, I'm so proud!
Mr: That's just wonderful!
H: You child is truly special.
Mrs: Aw, fantastic!
Mr: So are we allowed to call him 'she'?
H: You certainly are.
Mrs: And has she given herself a female name?
H: Yes, it's Deborah.
Mr: Oh, that's a nice name.
Mrs: Oh, I'm so thrilled to have a girl!
H: Remember, though, she is not just an ordinary girl, she's more special than that: Deborah is a t-girl.
Mr: Wow!
H: T-girls and t-boys have a really special place in our society. They can educate us all about gender.
Mrs: And to think, we're just such an ordinary couple.
Mr: Maybe Deborah inherited some trans from us!
Mrs: Surely not?
Mr: Well, let's not flatter ourselves, but it's a nice thought at least.
Shall we file this under "True T-Stories" or "Conversations Overheard In An Alternate Universe"?
ReplyDeleteIt's an inner truth than trans-cends the outer lie. Or is it?
ReplyDeleteOh I don't know, honey. I'm flattered that you maintain a library of my posts, with its own in-house classification system, though. x x
I do so love alternate universe stories! And now, please, I would like to have some of whatever you had just before you wrote that post. :)
ReplyDeletexxx
I found this dialogue to be both funny and sad for the same reasons. I found myself laughing at that actually taking place in our society and then it depressed me.
ReplyDeleteDeborah Kate, I can't seem to find a way to private message you from this blog!?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks, H and N! xxx
ReplyDeletewxh - ask again if you are still interested. xx