'You are welcome to have a beer, and you are equally welcome to have a soft drink. I appreciate that different people like different things, and people like different things at different times.'
'Lets not drink alcohol. It encourages gross and sometimes harmful behaviour. It doesn't make its drinkers as happy as many like to claim. One can enjoy oneself pleasantly without it.'
'I don't give a shit about who wins the sports match. There are so many more important and interesting things in the world to care about.'
'Lets watch a film that communicates sensitive feelings, rather than one in which people shoot each other.'
'Lets not make a competition of this. It's much more relaxed when there is no competing, and no competition means no one has the bad feelings caused by losing.'
All the above sentiments seem rational to me. Is this because I am really a girl?
"Is this because I am really a girl?"
ReplyDeleteMaybe so, maybe not; that'd be for you to say.
But I don't think girls are girls because they like "girls"' things ;)
I ponder the same thing.
ReplyDeleteThanks, J and N!
ReplyDeleteBig questions. Are there any convincing answers, other than 'I don't know'?
D x x